PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS CONTRIBUTION LICENCE AND ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SEENIT PLATFORM.
What's in these terms?
This document sets out the terms that you grant a licence (i.e. permission) to use the content you upload to the Seenit Platform, and the acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to the Seenit Platform. This document forms a legal contract between you and Seenit Digital Limited.
Please read the terms of the content licence and acceptable use policy carefully before uploading any Contribution.
Who we are and how to contact us
www.seenit.io is a site operated by Seenit Digital Limited ("We"). We are a limited company, registered in England and Wales under company number 8838909 and have our registered office at 100 Cannon Street, London, United Kingdom, EC4N 6EU. Our main trading address is L1, 71 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4QS. Our VAT number is GB 180702034.
By using our site you accept these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of the licence and this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site or upload any Contribution.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Your personal data
In this policy we use the term “Contribution” to mean any and all materials, photos, images, recordings, clips, and videos that you upload to the Seenit Platform.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our Terms of website use https://support.seenit.io/knowledge/terms-of-service also apply to your use of our site.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards [See Content standards below].
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Where we provide Story Pages to enable you to upload your Contribution, we will provide clear information to you of the identity of the company that has set up the Story, and any additional licence terms or privacy terms that may apply to your submission of Contribution. It is your responsibility to review and ensure you are happy to agree to the additional licence or privacy terms provided by the Story Page owner.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Story Page we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Story Page by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
We enable the company behind the Story Page to contact you via the Seenit platform. Your email address that you provide us is not shared with them, though you should read any other terms put in place via the Story Page as the operator of the page may include their own terms and conditions where you give them permission to contact you by other methods.
In addition to submitting your Contribution to the Story Page, you may also opt to include your Contribution in the Story Page owner’s ‘library’ where they may store the Contribution and use it in future Stories, not just the one you submitted it for. It is your choice whether you permit this.
Use by children
If you are under 13 years old, you may not use the site and the Seenit Platform is not aimed for use by anyone 13 or under.
The use of any of our site by anyone under 18 yrs old, and who is not below 13 years old, is subject to the verifiable consent of their parent or guardian, and who must upload content on behalf of their child.
We do not take ownership of any Contribution that you upload – ownership of your Contribution remains with you.
By uploading Contribution to the Seenit Platform, you grant us the right to make your Contribution available on the Seenit Platform to the Story Page owner.
Specifically, to achieve this, you grant us a worldwide, royalty free, sublicensable and transferable licence to store, download, copy, stream, publicly perform and make your Contribution available on the Seenit Platform, including to the company that has set up a Story Page to which your Contribution is submitted, and with full rights to edit and modify your Contribution.
You also permit us the right to give the company or person that has set up the Story Page an irrevocable and perpetual, transferable, royalty free, right to download, copy, store, edit, modify, make available, publicly perform, stream and generally communicate to the public, broadcast, create derivative works, and otherwise use and exploit your Contribution without any restriction and throughout the world and in any and all media (and with the ability to sublicence any of these rights). This is so that the Story Page owner can use your Contribution as they see fit for a Story and for any other uses which they decide to make of the Contribution.
The operator of the Story Page may include other licence terms on the Story page or other site which you may be required to agree which will also govern what they can do with your Contribution – either to expand upon or limit how they will use the Contribution.
You agree that we may edit and use clips of your Contribution in all media as part of the marketing of the Seenit Platform, and grant us royalty free, worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable licence (with full rights to grant sublicences) for this purpose.
We may include the Seenit watermark in your Contribution.
You waive all of your moral rights in your Contribution, such that neither we nor our licensees do not need to credit you unless we or they choose to do so, and nor will you object to any edit or modification of your Contribution.
These content standards apply to your Contribution.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be owned by you and be your original work. It must not infringe/copy any other person’s copyright or other personal rights.
- Have all necessary consents and permissions required of any person performing in the Contribution.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this Content Licence or Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
The content licence and acceptable use policy form the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your Contribution. You may be required to confirm additional rights and permissions to the company that has set up the Story Page as part of their submission terms.
Personal nature of the licence and acceptable use policy
The content licence and acceptable use policy is personal to you and you cannot transfer or assign any part of it.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.